It’s done !!!!
It’s done !!!!
An update on the progress of the new painting workbench.
The gaming surface is 4′ x 8′ and there is a 3 1/4″ shelf all around the table for setting cans, bottles, dice, figures, tape measures, etc on so that you do not have to place those items on the gaming surface.
I’ll move this outside tomorrow and sand everything and get a coat of paint on the shelf bits. I think the top playing surface will be covered in felt, green most likely.
The game room is not done, but getting closer. Next week IKEA will be delivering the shelf units and I’ll be building the 4′ x 8′ game table. Tonight I got the carpet down and built my workbench. I need to paint the workbench surface and the steel pipe legs.
Tomorrow we will be having a game of Bolt Action … first game in the new room. Kinda exciting.
A few weeks ago this location was nothing but dirt.
It took the contractors just over a week (9 days really) to get the building built. After that I worked on it for a few more days finishing out the second week. I took a few days to screw off at Historicon and I’m back working on the building and calling this the 3rd week.
The shelf units have been ordered from Ikea and should be here late next week, I’ll have the carpet down in the Game Room area this weekend. Then I’ll build the game table. We are getting close now.
Today was spent painting the green at the Game Room end of the building.