Time for an experiment

It’s time for a little experiment. My Game Room and my person workbench have become a disaster … the game table is scattered with projects I’m working on, project I’ve had to put on hold, projects I’m done with, gaming crap from our Bolt Action tournament in in Los Angeles (ALMOST A MONTH AGO) that needs to be put away, gaming stuff from our Cruel Seas game yesterday, and other stuff. My personal workbench is just cluttered with current projects and the aftermath of several past projects.
 
The experiment; I’m going to take an hour (or as long as it takes) and clean these areas up ,,, completely. And then I’ll see if I feel a renewed sense of enthusiasm for the hobby I love and if I’ll be able to work better in a cleaner environment. The answers are obviously going to be yes and yes … so let’s get started.

Here are the “before” pictures.


Advertisements

Getting ready to use the Game Room for the first time

The game room is not done, but getting closer.  Next week IKEA will be delivering the shelf units and I’ll be building the 4′ x 8′ game table.  Tonight I got the carpet down and built my workbench.  I need to paint the workbench surface and the steel pipe legs.
Tomorrow we will be having a game of Bolt Action … first game in the new room.  Kinda exciting.
A few weeks ago this location was nothing but dirt.

The New Game Room – Week 3

It took the contractors just over a week (9 days really) to get the building built.  After that I worked on it for a few more days finishing out the second week. I took a few days to screw off at Historicon and I’m back working on the building and calling this the 3rd week.

The shelf units have been ordered from Ikea and should be here late next week, I’ll have the carpet down in the Game Room area this weekend.  Then I’ll build the game table.  We are getting close now.

The New Game Room – Day 12

Today was spent painting the green at the Game Room end of the building.